Supply chain is all about solid processes and consistent timely execution ! The usual trap for organizations is to drop routine tasks and customer communication during a crisis.
My whitepaper for solid execution:
- Extremely fast order entry execution ( ≤24 hrs if manual, best EDI, etc).
- Initial supply date communicated to customer ( ≤ 1 ww).
- Revised supply date, in case of hiccups, communicated to customer ( ≤24 hrs).
- Weekly supply and shortfall analysis (early warning) shared with customer enabling prioritisation and collaboration.
- Regular shared meetings between all stakeholders, internal and external, to review scorecard and resolve issues. This likely requires a good scorecard or dashboard including key kpi’s like on time delivery etc.
Execution speed, data quality and consistency as well as transparency are key !